The practice of accounting comprises Financial Accounting and Management Accounting. Financial Accounting is focused on external reporting and auditing functions. Management Accounting is concerned with providing information for planning and controlling decisions within organisations.
Students will develop the skills and knowledge required to become an Accountant in this programme. There is also a Corporate Finance module and local-context modules like Malaysian Company Law and Malaysian Taxation.
- Exemptions from foundation examinations of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and Part 1 of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). Further exemptions are available from second level papers
#Subject to submission to the professional bodies and depending on the results obtained by students
- A comprehensive learning experience with a mix of face-to-face and online support learning through Pegasus, with access to course materials, assignments and faculty members at any time
- Exposure to real industry projects and practical learning experience via international faculty, overseas guest professors and live lecture conferencing
- Opportunity for students to participate in the Semester Abroad Program (SAP) and experience different cultures and environments, helping them expand their global perspectives
- Graduate employment rate of 94% within six months of graduation, with graduates joining companies such as KPMG, Padini, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Ricoh etc.
- New programme structure to equip students with up-to-date syllabus needed by today’s industries
- Accountants, Tax Advisors, Auditors, Consultants, Financial Controllers, Accounting Assistants, Management Trainees, Bankers, Financial Planners or Counsellors
- Organisationally, graduates may assume responsible, entry-level managerial positions in: Government Ministries, Departments & Enforcement Agencies, Local Authorities, Accounting Firms, Corporations & Companies, Audit Firms, Banks, Securities Firms, Insurance Companies, Multimedia Telecommunication Companies, Marketing Agencies